CAS 302-95-4 Pharmaceutical Grade Sodium Deoxycholate
Sodium deoxycholate is a bile acid formed bybacterial action from cholate. It is usually conjugatedwith glycine or taurine. Deoxycholic acid acts as adetergent to solubilize fats for intestinal absorption, isreabsorbed itself, and is used as a choleretic anddetergent.
1.Historically sodium deoxycholate was used as an intermediate for the production of corticosteroids, which have anti-inflammatory indications.
2. It is used in the preparation and formulation of certain microbiological diagnostic media.
An emerging use of sodium deoxycholate acid is as a biological detergent to lyse cells and solubilise cellular and membrane components.
• Popular anionic, bile-acid detergent for many laboratory uses
• Effective in disrupting and dissociating many types of protein interaction
• Can be removed from solution by dialysis
• Useful for elution or regeneration of certain kinds of affinity columns
• High-purity compound with low UV absorptivity